Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima Share 7 Easy Fitness TIps – ABC News
However, that doesn’t always mean trips to expensive gyms or chef-made healthy meals.
Ambrosio and Lima, 33, both of whom will wear jeweled Dream Angels Fantasy bras worth $2 million each in the Dec. 9 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, shared their quick and easy tips to staying in shape that anybody can do.
1. Try to do sweat every day: “Even 20 minutes is better than nothing,” said Lima, who prefers boxing. Ambrosio, who rotates between yoga, Pilates and spinning, has also taken up running. “I hate running,” she admitted, “but it actually feels good if you do it. If you get it done, it feels really amazing.”
2. Find an activity you can do with your kids: In many cases, working out doesn’t just mean hitting the elliptical — it’s possible to involve the family too! Lima said that her two young daughters love to go to the boxing gym with her. “Their favorite thing is to go into the ring and run around,” she said.
3. Use online workout programs: When she’s traveling and can’t hit the gym, Ambrosio makes an online appointment with Ballet Beautiful, and a trainer works with her over Skype. Not ready to make that kind of commitment? The service offers videos on YouTube too, as do plenty of other trainers.
4. Just taste dessert: The night before Ambrosio appeared on “Good Morning America” to discuss the new Dream Angels Fantasy bras last week, she ordered a hot fudge sundae. However, she only had three bites. It satisfied her craving for something sweet, but didn’t pack on the calories.
5. Make easy substitutes for sweet foods: However, some days Ambrosio needs to be stricter than others. Then, she’ll substitute frozen yogurt for ice cream. “I put honey and a little bit of granola and some strawberries,” she said. More in the mood for a milkshake? Lima swears by vanilla protein shakes.
6. … And salty splurges too: Ambrosio loves French fries, but her favorite healthy substitute is packed with flavor too. “Avocado with a little bit of lemon and salt,” she said. “That’s what I do as a snack.”
7. Keep healthy snacks on you: This way, you never get too hungry and you’re not tempted to pick up something unhealthy in a pinch. Ambrosio recommends health bars with chia seeds, while Lima snacks on nuts with cranberries to satisfy her sweet tooth.