J-Lo Shows off Killer Abs, Adriana Lima Hits the Boxing Ring, and Jennifer … – Shape Magazine
From clean eating to motivational tweeting, find out who in Hollywood stayed devoted to living happy and healthy this week. What stories have you talking? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Stars inspiring each other. “My fitness motivation for the day #WCW,” wrote Khloé Kardashian on an ab-tastic photo of Jennifer Lopez. The pop star recently gave us a peek into her workout with fitness guru to the stars, Tracy Anderson, during a sweet shout out to Lena Dunham. The two shared an adorable workout video of Lopez lifting weights to support Dunham’s new tell-all, Not That Kind of Girl. And while we’re big fans of the book, J-Lo’s rock-hard core is what caught our attention!
2. Cruz’s control. No surprise here! Esquire named their Sexiest Woman Alive for 2014 and the honor rightfully goes to Penelope Cruz, who jokes with the publication that she feels less like the sexiest woman alive and more like a sleep-deprived mother. Nonetheless, the actress attributes her svelte figure to the Mediterranean diet, as reported by Examiner.com, which calls for healthy fats like olive oil and avocados, lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and seeds. “I love Spanish food,” she said. “I eat well, but I try to eat healthy.”
3. Gluten-freedom. Jennifer Lawrence speaks out about the gluten-free craze, describing the trend as “the new cool eating disorder, the ‘basically I just don’t eat carbs.’” The conversation comes up in J-Law’s recent sit-down with Vanity Fair where she opens up on what she’s looking for in a beau. On her checklist? A love for reality TV and a willingness to fart in front of her. What’s not to love?
4. Down home cooking. Wondering what a meal at-home with Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton would look like? Well, according to Lambert, she’s “the sides girl,” while her country music star hubbie is the “grilling and smoking master.” The singer talked all things cooking in the latest issue of Food & Wine magazine, sharing that she kick starts her mornings with freshly pressed juice and even brings her own juicer with her on the road. “That way I feel like I’ve been healthy for the day,” explains Lambert. “Even if I make bad decisions later.”
5. In fighting shape. Let the countdown begin! “Getting ready for Victoria Secret’s show with @dino5thstgym. Day number 1…” captioned Adriana Lima on one mean-mugging selfie with Boxing & MMA coach to the stars, Dino Spencer. The supermodel previously told Vogue that boxing “is a passion” for her as it’s “the only thing I do for exercise.” Lima devotes 90-minutes per session regularly and explains her commitment to the sport: “You know how powerful you are and how much strength you have. When you’re confident, you’re not bothered by much.”