Karlie Kloss Works Up a Sweat in Paris, Chrissy Teigen Tries Thai Boxing, and … – Shape Magazine (blog)
Hollywood has been busy this week! Find out how our favorite leading ladies are showing their strength from the inside-out with these stories. Think we missed something? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Taking center stage. The highlight of her horseback-riding career thus far: Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and her horse, Thor, took on the Longines L.A. Masters, a prestigious equestrian competition this weekend. The Big Bang Theory star (and wife to tennis pro Ryan Sweeting) gushed to E! News: “Since I’m married to a tennis player, I put it like this: To me, this is kind of like the U.S. open for riding, for horses. All the best of the best—the biggest riders in the world—are here.” Adding, that even despite her experience riding since age 15, “I’m in awe.” But why is her athletic beau nowhere to be found during her big debut? “He gets very nervous watching me ride,” she revealed. Talk about her number one fan! Want to find out how else the Big Bang Theory star stays in shape? Check out her exact workout here.
2. Speaking now. Following Emma Watson’s recent United Nations address on feminism, Taylor Swift is also speaking up on women’s rights saying, “I wish when I was 12 years-old, I had been able to watch a video of my favorite actress explaining in such an intellectual, beautiful, poignant way the definition of feminism.” For Swift though, her concern is building other women up instead of putting them down. “One thing I do believe as a feminist is that in order for us to have gender equality, we have to stop making it a girl fight, and we have to stop being so interested in seeing girls trying to tear each other down,” she explains. “It has to be more about cheering each other on as women.”
3. Packing a punch. Sports Illustrated model Chrissy Teigen took a jab at Thai boxing while touring Bangkok for Anthony Bourdain’s series The Getaway. Teigen was the first to admit, “I’ve never been this tired” after her high-intensity lesson, in which the instructor confessed he was “shocked” by her strength. Later, she took to Instagram to well-deservedly boast her battle wounds writing, “I learned Muay Thai kickboxing guys.” It’s no secret that Teigen loves to cook (Need proof? Check out her blog So Delushious!) but the self-proclaimed foodie previously told us that she maintains her svelte physique by sticking to a mostly low-carb diet, never skipping breakfast, and eating super foods like avocado, tuna, green juices, and nuts.
4. Parisian planks. Fashion meets fitness for Karlie Kloss, who amped up her Paris Fashion Week game with some serious sweat sessions. “Nothing better than a morning run through the Jardin des Tuileries,” the supermodel captioned one stretching shot. Previously in the week, Kloss got her strength training in by holding a perfectly parallel plank, saying, “Walking the runway is easy…this is where the real work begins.” Are you incorporating planks into your exercise routine? Find out why planks are the best move for your abs and how you can start doing them today.
5. One-size fits all? Not so much, says Jennifer Lopez during a recent sit-down with Cat Sadler on E! News. The singer opened up on her new single “Booty” and explained that when she started out her career her derriere didn’t quite fit the Hollywood “norm.” “My body wasn’t traditional,” she said. “I was bottom-heavy, small on the top, you know I had thick thighs and people criticized me…Now booty is in fashion, finally, but before it was just, ‘You’re heavy!'” But J-Lo’s body confidence comes from gaining a healthy perspective and just taking a step back. “I was like, ‘Wait a minute, there’s nothing wrong with me,’” she added. “I’m a size six…eight…eight on a heavy day and that’s OK, that’s healthy.” [Tweet this quote!]