Lady Gaga’s Body Image Crusade Continues, Gisele Challenges Jimmy Fallon … – Shape Magazine (blog)
How are Hollywood’s leading ladies staying strong and fit this week? Check out the A-listers keeping us motivated and let us know what you think. Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Born this way. After launching her Body Revolution campaign in 2012, Lady Gaga continued to display a positive body image across social media this week. “Proud at any size, because the inside is what really counts,” wrote the pop star on a recent Instagram swimsuit pic. Gaga also took to Twitter to get her message across, writing back to one fan’s response: “So what if I got a belly sometimes, sometimes I don’t. There’re [sic] people starving in the world. #whocares.” Gaga has previously said that the Body Revolution was intended “to inspire bravery” by asking people to “be brave and celebrate with us your ‘perceived flaws,’ as society tells us.”
2. Hollywood unites for health. It seemed like all of Hollywood turned out to “Stand Up To Cancer” this weekend. A-listers such as Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Kerry Washington got on-board for the good cause and raised $109 million during the one-hour telethon to support cancer research. “When we all stand together, cancer doesn’t stand a chance,” executive producer Paltrow said in a statement for the event. “That sense of community is what the telecast is all about.” And for Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson, the cause really hit home. Ferguson’s husband Justin Mikita had his own battle with cancer at age 13, and according to Ferguson: “He’s thrilled that I’m here and I’m definitely representing him.”
3. Breakup boot camp. What’s the best way to get over an ex? Channeling those emotions in the gym—just ask Khloe Kardashian. The newly single reality TV star is pushing through more than heartbreak from rapper French Montana, writing, “I was tired today but I pushed through” on one recent sneaker snap. Kardashian enlists the help of powerhouse trainer Gunnar Peterson and his G Series Fit workout to get into tip-top shape (He’s responsible for the star’s 30-pound weight loss last spring!). Think she’s joking around? She also sweat it out over the weekend saying, “Happy Saturday” on an Instagram of her jump rope, dumbbell, and water bottle.
4. Plank perfection. We couldn’t dream up a more perfect competition. Gisele Bundchen challenged Jimmy Fallon to a plank-off during her appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and the results couldn’t be more hilarious. It all started when Fallon asked the supermodel and longtime yogi about her Instagram, showing one pic of her in a headstand on the beach, and quipped, “That would never happen to me!” Don’t speak so soon, Jimmy! Bundchen started teaching him a simple plank move, working his arms and core, and vowed to have him in a headstand by her next visit.
5. Runway ready. “Feeling Fit is always in Fashion,” captioned supermodel Karlie Kloss on a recent Instagram of her resistance training, adding, “Who’s ready for #NYFW?” The supermodel works out with Nike Training Club guru Traci Copeland five days a week with a mix of cardio and strength training and says, “Being strong both physically and mentally” motivates her to sweat it out. “I exercise to challenge my body to reach new goals,” Kloss told T Magazine this July. “Movement feeds my mind and gives me energy throughout the day,” she said. Strength and athleticism dominated the runways in more ways than one this year! Athleta set a healthy tone in fashion by incorporating yoga, dance, and parkour with its NYFW debut.